InnoDairyEdu is planned to be an integrated undergraduate module for Food Science and Technology students, which will be developed by a strong partnership including academics, experts and representatives from the dairy industry.
InnoDairyEdu will develop education material, focused on Products, Processes, Quality, Safety & Entrepreneurship of the Dairy Sector. This new curriculum design approach and other good practices will be shared through collaborative platforms, using Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) and Open Educational Resources (OER). In addition, the specific material to be developed will be freely accessible to dairy industry professionals that will be also supported by the partnership on entrepreneurship issues.
More specifically, the project will use as a starting point the assessment of the current situation in relation to the Dairy Science modules, in the participating universities and also will exploit the views on the level of awareness of dairy science professionals from the associated partners that will originate from the dairy industry. Based on these results, the partnership will tailor-made a Dairy Science module and the relevant training material will be developed. The project aims enhancing digital integration in learning, teaching, training and youth work at various levels by developing scientific, pedagogical and informative materials in Dairy science. Each partner according to the project’s management will create OER learning modules that, at the end, will compose a MOOC. The MOOC will be supported by the InnoDairyEdu -platform which will be based on latest technologies for OER distribution and utilization, interaction between course participants and customized training paths provision. The material will be pilot tested and evaluated in all the participating countries and the final material will be further disseminated through conferences, multiplier events and Intensive Learning Programmes. The material produced alongside with entrepreneurship case studies to be developed, will be also interactively shared with the dairy industry partners.
InnoDairyEdu aims to use the potential of Europe’s human and social capital originating from higher education’s institutes and the dairy industry, in order to exchange and transfer knowledge and know-how in dairy science education, by the creation and development of a network that will provide opportunities for cooperation among stakeholders, in order to foster employability and socio-educational and personal development. The main objective of InnoDairyEdu is to offer to Food Science and Technology students and/or professionals an innovative and holistic training on Dairy Science in order to fill the gaps that the Dairy Industry highlights.
- To promote European cooperation in education and training
- To use innovative practices in education by the strategic use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) and open educational resources (OER)
- To create sustainable links between academia and the dairy industry
- To assist the strategic development, quality and internationalisation of the participating Higher Education Institutions
- Evaluate the training needs in Dairy Science in European Higher Education Organizations
- Develop innovative education training materials for EU Universities focusing on Products, Processes, Quality, and Safety & Entrepreneurship of the Dairy Sector
- Digitalize the education material to be developed
- Use ICTs and OER to ensure wider accessibility to knowledge, by developing an interactive MOOC online platform with all the material produced to be uploaded
- Pilot test and evaluate the Dairy Science platform with all education material to be developed
- Create a sustainable link among academia and dairy industry, by using ICTs and OER emphasising on entrepreneurship issues
- Disseminate the project’s results to the academia and the dairy industry